The Grinnell Farmers Market will begin the 2021 season on Thursday, May 13 from 3 – 6 p.m and Saturday, May 15 from 10 a.m. - noon. Vendor application for both full time and part time vendors are being accepted for both Thursday and Saturday markets. Grinnell Farmers Market is organized by the Grinnell Area Chamber of Commerce and is presented by Grinnell Mutual with additional partnerships with Grinnell College and UnityPoint Health - Grinnell Regional Medical Center
Market Set Up
Market will again be held at the corner of 4th Avenue and Broad Street. Vendors will have additional spacing between booths to help maintain distance between vendors and between customers. At least three hand sanitizing stations will be available for customer and vendor use at market. These stations will be located at the entrance and exit of the market along with one in the middle. All will have signage encouraging people to sanitize their hands when they enter and exit the market. Vendors are strongly encouraged to sanitize their hands frequently.
In an effort to expand access to customers, an online option to order or shop the market products is available for the 2021 market. Using the website, GrinnellToGo.com, each vendor may choose to make their own profile and list their products. Customers will be able to order products online and pay with a debit or credit card. Customers wishing to use SNAP, DUFB or Grinnell Grocery Vouchers will check the “pay at store” options.
We have implemented the following customer expectations to help maintain safety of all market participants. We ask that customers abide by these expectations to the best of their ability.
● STAY HOME: if you or someone in your household are awaiting COVID test results, have had a fever in the last 3 days, been ill, or are showing signs of respiratory illness (coughing and weezing).
● Face Masks: All will be encouraged to properly wear masks or shields while attending the market.
● Use Hand Sanitizer/Wash: There will be at least 3 hand sanitizing stations set up for the market. One on at the entrance, one in the middle of the vendors, and one as customers exit. All will have signage encouraging people to sanitize their hands when they enter and leave the market.
● Maintain 6 Feet of Social Distance: All will be asked to maintain 6 feet of social
distance when possible.
● Point to Pick: All will be asked to check for signage or with vendors before touching products on tables.
● Reusable Bags: will be encouraged at market this year
Market managers and staff greatly appreciate the community’s patience and understanding as we all navigate an ever-changing situation due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We want to ensure our community has access to fresh, local foods and products, while maintaining a safe environment for our community and vendors. As we continue to navigate the pandemic, adjustments may be made to vendor and customer expectations.
Applications for market vendors are now being accepted. Those interested in applying to be a vendor at the Grinnell Farmers Market can find more information at www.grinnellfarmersmarket.com or can contact the Grinnell Area Chamber of Commerce, firstname.lastname@example.org or 641-236-6555.