The Jeremy and Andrea Goodrich home at 306 Montezuma St., along Highway 63 in Malcom, is decorated each year with ghosts, goblins, clowns, grave stones, spooky and scary characters, which is all lit up at night. Jeremy said he changes the decorations most years and that it is a popular stop for folks taking Halloween photos.
It’s time to dig out your spooky costumes and grab a bag for treats and head on down to your favorite town, or all the towns, for some frightening family fun. Following is a list of Poweshiek County Halloween events:
• Trick-or-Treat – Saturday, Oct. 30, 5 – 8 p.m.
• Trick-or-Treat Night is Saturday, Oct. 30, 5 – 7 p.m.
Please join the Grinnell Parks and Recreation Department along with multiple local businesses and community groups for our Trunk-or-Treat at the Ahrens Park parking lot on Saturday, Oct. 23 from 9 – 11 a.m.!
“We will have a mixture of tents and vehicles decorated in different themes for all ages of kids to enjoy,” noted Shelby Davis, Grinnell Recreation Coordinator. “This is a free event to all participants.”
If you are a local business or community group and are interested in reserving a free parking spot, please email Davis at email@example.com or call 641-236-2620.
• Trick-or-Treat Night around town – Sunday, Oct. 31, 6 – 8 p.m.
Join the City of Malcom for Tricks and Treats on Saturday, Oct. 30 for various family fun events from a chili supper to a haunted park.
• Truck-or-Treat, 4 – 6 p.m., Malcom City Park, free to the public.
• Chili Supper, 5 – 8 p.m., Malcom Auditorium, free will donation
• Haunted Park, 7 – 10 p.m., Malcom City Park, cost is $5
Montezuma is hosting two events on Friday, Oct. 29, 5 – 6:30 p.m.
• Truck-or-Treat on the Montezuma Square
• Trick-or-Treat around town. Anyone inviting trick or treaters to their home should leave a light on.